Kimberly Lucas advises clients on all aspects of commercial real estate in both equity and debt transactions.
Ms. Lucas leverages her comprehensive understanding of market norms and extensive experience across asset classes to guide global private equity funds and their portfolio companies, investment funds, real estate investment trusts (REITs), and institutional lenders on:
- Joint ventures, preferred equity structures, and equity investments
- Asset and entity-level acquisitions and dispositions across all asset classes
- Single-asset and portfolio mortgage and mezzanine loan originations and restructurings, including syndicated lending transactions and commercial mortgage-backed securities
- Development projects
- Construction financings and sale leaseback transactions secured by both single assets and multiple property portfolios
- Workouts, restructurings, and distressed and performing loan sales
She takes a pragmatic approach to helping clients navigate their most sophisticated transactions and devises creative solutions to help them achieve their commercial objectives in unprecedented situations.
Ms. Lucas maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing clients in asylum cases and Violence Against Women Act petitions in partnership with Sanctuary for Families, the Whitman Walker Clinic, Immigration Equality, New York Legal Assistance Group, and Human Rights First.
A recognized firm leader, she has served on Latham’s Ethics Committee.