Josh Ji is a member of Latham’s Litigation & Trial Department, focusing on complex commercial litigation and intellectual property litigation.
Mr. Ji graduated with honors from the UC Irvine School of Law, where he was co-editor-in-chief of the UC Irvine Law Review, a teaching assistant for the Lawyering Skills program, and a research assistant to Vice Dean Christopher Whytock. Mr. Ji also received the Faculty Award for obtaining the highest grade in the Civil Procedure course during law school, and his student note in the UC Irvine Law Review analyzing a novel issue of civil procedure has been cited by American Jurisprudence (Am. Jur. 2d – Federal Courts) and the US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Ji applies his deep understanding of the rules governing civil litigation to execute efficient and effective case strategies in each of his matters. He has handled a wide range of high-stakes federal and state court actions, and he has first-chair experience in nearly every stage of civil litigation.
Mr. Ji focuses on the following areas:
- Breach of contract
- Business torts (e.g., tortious interference, fraud, and trade secret misappropriation)
- Trademark/trade dress infringement
- Copyright infringement and ownership disputes
- False/misleading advertising
- Unfair competition
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Ji was a litigation associate at another leading international law firm. He also served as a judicial extern to the Judge Josephine L. Staton, US District Judge for the Central District of California.
Mr. Ji is active in the community, including with the following organizations:
- Orange County Bar Association (OCBA) – Board of Directors
- OCBA International Law Section – Chair
- OC Korean American Bar Association – President
- OC Campaign Finance & Ethics Commission – Commissioner
- Federal Bar Association (OC) – Young Lawyers Planning Committee
- UCI Law Alumni Association – Governing Council
- International Association of Korean Lawyers – Regional Governor (OC)
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice (OC) – Executive Council
Mr. Ji has published articles on various legal topics for the OC Lawyer Magazine, the Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB), as well as the ACC’s Docket (“Protecting Your Brand in the Global Ecommerce Jungle”).