Chambers USA recognized the firm as a “powerhouse in the capital markets space.”
John Slater advises market-leading public and private companies on the full spectrum of complex corporate finance and capital markets transactions, with a special focus in the retail and technology sectors.
Mr. Slater leverages a commercial mindset and comprehensive understanding of the debt and equity capital markets to advise clients on:
- Initial public offerings (IPO) and follow-on offerings
- Mergers and acquisitions, particularly de-SPAC transactions
- Private debt- and equity-linked offerings
- Liability management transactions, including restructurings, tender offers, exchange offers, and consent solicitations
- Formation of partnerships and joint ventures
- Corporate governance and other general corporate matters
Beyond his transactional work, Mr. Slater helps clients navigate day-to-day life as a public company or a company in the process of going public. Mr. Slater collaborates across Latham’s multidisciplinary platform to connect companies with the internal and external resources they need to achieve their business goals.
As a native Spanish-speaker, Mr. Slater also provides both commercial and cultural fluency to clients in matters with a Latin America nexus, including companies pursuing dual listings on local markets and the New York Stock Exchange or Nasdaq, as well as private securities offerings to US investors.