Chambers USA recognized the firm as a “powerhouse in the capital markets space.”
John Greer, a partner in the Houston office and Chair of the Houston Corporate Department, represents clients across all aspects of the public company life cycle, including initial public offerings, M&A transactions and corporate governance.
Mr. Greer is a strategic advisor to boards of directors, senior leadership teams, and companies on all aspects of complex, high-profile transactions, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions involving public and private targets
- IPOs and registered and private placements of equity and debt securities
- Spin-offs, carve-out and take-private transactions
- MLP, SPAC and Up-C transactions
- Corporate governance and public company representation
Mr. Greer also represents investment banks in connection with public offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities. He leverages deep, industry experience and creativity to lead strategic transactions and achieve the commercial objectives of his clients.
Mr. Greer has been recognized in multiple industry-leading publications, including Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America and IFLR 1000. In addition, he has been recognized as a Rising Star by Texas Monthly (2017-2019) and a Top Lawyer by the Houstonia Magazine.