Longtime pro bono partner recognizes firm’s commitment in San Diego.
Jessica England is an associate in the San Diego office and is a member of the firm’s Litigation & Trial Department, Insurance Counseling & Recovery, and Complex Commercial Litigation Practices.
Ms. England represents policyholders in high-stakes insurance coverage and bad faith disputes involving a wide array of policy types and counsels clients on insurance coverage strategies. She represents market leaders on a full spectrum of insurance coverage issues, including:
- Insurance coverage and bad faith disputes involving commercial general liability, commercial property and business interruption, and directors and officers liability (D&O) insurance policies
- High-stakes litigation in state and federal courts
- Securing coverage under commercial general liability, commercial property and business interruption, and D&O liability policies
- Advising clients on insurance-related aspects of corporate transactions and post-restructuring
- Strategic management of insurance portfolios, with a primary focus on evaluating D&O policies and negotiating improvements to policy language
Ms. England has also represented clients in other complex commercial litigation matters including securities litigation, SEC investigations, and consumer class actions.
Ms. England maintains an active pro bono practice focused on assisting domestic violence survivors obtain restraining orders and representing petitioners in guardianship proceedings.
While in law school, Ms. England was managing online content editor of Texas Law Review.
- Co-author, Tex. Fed. Judge Turns Up the Heat, 19 Pratt’s Energy Law Rpt. 56, 2019