IP Litigation Practice recognized by Law360 for victories in several high-profile matters for LG Energy Solution, Peloton, and Astellas.
Jennifer Barry, Deputy Office Managing Partner of the San Diego office and a Global Vice Chair of Latham & Watkins’ Intellectual Property Litigation Practice, represents clients in all aspects of general commercial litigation with a particular focus on intellectual property, including:
- Trademark and trade dress infringement litigation, counseling, prosecution, and worldwide trademark portfolio management
- Trademark licensing counseling and litigation
- False advertising and unfair competition counseling and litigation
- Copyright counseling and litigation
- Trade secrets counseling and litigation
- Defamation and right of publicity counseling and litigation
Ms. Barry offers clients extensive expertise in both procedural and substantive law, as she has successfully litigated before numerous federal and state courts as well as the Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Ms. Barry regularly tackles internet law matters, and has successfully handled domain name portfolio management and recovery of domain names before the World Intellectual Property Organization, the National Arbitration Forum, and the ADR.EU Center of the Czech Arbitration Court.
She has also worked extensively on social networking and website/e-commerce issues and has been invited to speak on several panels in this area.
Ms. Barry’s renowned recognition includes:
- The Legal 500 US 2012-2020 Recommended Attorney for Trade Secrets and Trademarks: Litigation
- Profiles in Diversity Journal 2020 Women Worth Watching Award
- San Diego Daily Transcript 2020 Influential Women of San Diego
- WTR 1000 2020 Top Trademark Professional in California
- Daily Journal 2018 Top Cyber/Artificial Intelligence Lawyer in California
- The Recorder 2016 Women Leaders in Tech Law
- Euromoney’s Expert Guide 2016 Expert Work in Trademarks
Ms. Barry actively participates in the International Trademark Association (INTA), and has served on the Internet Committee/Online Trademark Use Subcommittee, including the Keywords and Web 2.0 Working Groups.