Latham topped seven finalist firms and earned recognition across categories, including in the Energy and Technology/Telecommunications sectors and Corporate Attorney of the Year.
Ian Schuman, Global Chair of Latham & Watkins’ Capital Markets Practice, represents issuers and underwriters in complex, high-profile equity and debt offerings, both in the United States and internationally.
Mr. Schuman offers clients unique experience handling prominent capital markets transactions on behalf of globally recognized brands and major investment banks. He advises on matters involving a range of industries, with a particular focus on the consumer retail, restaurant, and technology sectors.
Mr. Schuman also represents companies with respect to general corporate and securities matters.
His transactional work includes advising on:
- Cross-border transactions
- Debt exchange offers
- High-yield debt offerings
- Initial public offerings
- Public and private equity offerings
- Tender offers and consent solicitations
His broader corporate practice includes advising on:
- Corporate governance issues
- Periodic and current filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Satisfying requirements set forth by the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq
Mr. Schuman previously served as the firm’s New York Deputy Office Managing Partner.