Fiona Gillan is an associate in the Bay Area offices of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Data & Technology Transactions Practice.
Ms. Gillan advises clients on a wide range of matters in which technology, intellectual property, data privacy, and security are key.
She represents clients across various sectors, in connection with strategic alliances, joint ventures, M&A, financing transactions, intellectual property strategy, commercialization, licensing, cloud computing, data strategy, development agreements, other commercial arrangements, privacy, and data initiatives.
Her transactional work includes advising on the intellectual property, technology, and data privacy aspects of:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Capital markets and financings
Intellectual property strategy and commercialization, including:
- Copyright, patent, and trademark licensing
- Development and distribution agreements
- Software licensing and services agreements
- Open source counseling
- Joint development of technology
Ms. Gillan regularly advises clients in the following industries:
- Medical devices and digital therapeutics
- AI solutions
- Transportation, including aviation, airlines, and connected autonomous vehicles
- eCommerce, internet services, retail, and commercial products
- Semiconductor design and manufacturing, including IoT applications
- Cloud computing