Our healthcare and life sciences licensing team advised on the transaction recognized for innovative licensing collaboration.
Darryl Steensma advises life sciences companies, investors, and financial institutions on a wide range of transactional matters.
Drawing on deep technical and subject matter experience as a biopharmaceutical scientist, Dr. Steensma advises clients on their most critical partnerships and corporate transactions. He regularly counsels on matters regarding:
- Licensing and corporate partnering
- Co-promotion, co-marketing, and co-commercialization agreements
- University license agreements
- Research and collaboration agreements
- Asset purchases and mergers
- Manufacturing, distribution, and quality agreements
- Clinical trial collaboration and supply agreements
- Royalty stream purchases and sales
Dr. Steensma is registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office and has litigated numerous patent cases. His experience prosecuting and litigating patents on behalf of multinational and start-up companies, including substantial experience in Hatch-Waxman litigation for both generic and branded pharmaceutical companies, informs his counsel on transactional and investment matters.
Prior to practicing law, Dr. Steensma held postdoctoral research positions at The Scripps Research Institute and at Georgetown University Medical Center. He is a named co-inventor on four US patents and is a co-author of over 10 peer-reviewed research publications.