Topher Michail represents asset managers and financial institutions in complex financing transactions.
Mr. Michail guides clients, including asset managers, banks, business development companies, large financial institutions, and borrowers, across the full spectrum of their financing needs, including:
- Collateralized loan obligations and other debt funds backed by portfolios of broadly syndicated loans or middle market loans
- Separately managed accounts for investment advisers and institutional investors
- Secured and unsecured credit facilities, including first- and second-lien loans, unitranche loans and structures, asset-based lending loans, and mezzanine loans
- Leveraged acquisition financings
- Structured vehicle financings, including revolving credit facilities
- Section 8 housing cash flow securitizations and other asset securitizations
- Joint venture origination platforms
He draws on his experience as a mechanical engineer to critically analyze clients’ needs and develop structures that help achieve their goals. Mr. Michail thrives in high-pressure situations and takes a holistic approach to each transaction. He negotiates clients’ positions vigorously to reach the most beneficial terms in each matter.
During law school, Mr. Michail served as editor-in-chief of the Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business and as a judicial extern for the Honorable Virginia M. Kendall of the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.