Chris Lester is a corporate partner based in the Dubai office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Lester specializes in public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and restructurings.
“Chris is a fantastic lawyer. His work is excellent and he is solution-oriented, hard-working and very diligent.”
Chambers Global 2022
Mr. Lester's representative transactions include advising:
- OCTAL, a major global producer of PET sheet based in Oman with operations in the UAE, KSA, and the US, on its US$620 million sale to Alpek, S.A.B. de C.V. (Alpek)
- Funds managed by Silver Lake Partners, a global private equity firm focused on investments in technology, technology-enabled, and related industries, on their minority investment in G42, an Abu Dhabi-based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company
- SIG Combibloc, a Swiss listed leading systems and solutions provider for aseptic carton packaging company, on its acquisition of the 50% stake in its Middle East joint venture SIG Combibloc Obeikan held by the Obeikan Group
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) on the merger of the agri-nutrients businesses of SABIC and Saudi Arabian Fertilizer Company (SAFCO)
- J.P. Morgan on the three-way merger of Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, United National Bank, and Al Hilal Bank
Mubadala Healthcare and China UAE Fund on the acquisition of Amana Healthcare
Dubai Holding on the acquisition of a significant minority stake in Azadea
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank on the acquisition of Barclays’ UAE retail banking business
- Mubadala on the US$15 billion merger of EMAL and DUBAL to form Emirates Global Aluminium
- Mubadala on mining investments in the Republic of Guinea
- Oldendorff on the acquisition and disposal of shipping assets
- Government of Dubai on the restructuring of Dubai World
- England and Wales (Solicitor)
- LLB, Monash University
- B. Ec., Monash University
News & Insights
March 2, 2023 Our Work
Multi-office team represents the global multi-energy company in the transaction.
July 28, 2020 Client Alert
The DIFC Prescribed Company: A Guide to Uses and Requirements
The Prescribed Company Regulations offer a more flexible incorporation and permitted purposes regime than its predecessor, the Special Purpose Company Regulations.
July 15, 2019 Client Alert
Update on the UAE Foreign Direct Investment Law: Part 1
UAE Federal Cabinet approves Positive List of activities eligible for up to 100% foreign ownership.