Carolyn Wong is an associate in the Singapore office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department.

Ms. Wong advises Asian and international clients on cross-border investments and a broad range of commercial agreements, including joint venture and shareholder agreements and sale and purchase for M&A transactions. Ms. Wong also advises on a wide range of energy and natural resource projects and transactions, including upstream oil and gas, LNG project development, long-term offtake agreements, petrochemicals, chemicals, and mining projects.

Ms. Wong’s representative experience includes advising:

  • ST Engineering, a subsidiary of Temasek, in its US$2.68 billion acquisition of TransCore to accelerate ST Engineering’s Smart City growth and position it as a market leader in Smart Mobility
  • Fullerton Healthcare Corporation Limited, a leading Asian integrated healthcare platform providing corporate healthcare solutions, on its merger to create Fullerton Health, which involved an equity injection by RRJ Capital
  • Arran Investment, an affiliate of GIC Private, on its acquisition of 17.5% stake in AC Energy Philippines, a Philippines-based company engaged in oil, gas and petroleum exploration and in power generation and supply
  • ST Engineering, a subsidiary of Temasek, on its topping bid proposal to acquire all of the shares of Cubic Corporation, a NYSE-listed company, with transportation and defense businesses
  • Global Power Synergy Public Company, a power generation arm of Thailand's state-owned oil and gas conglomerate, PTT, on its investment (through its subsidiary, Global Renewable Synergy Company Limited) in Avaada Energy Private Limited which has a portfolio of solar projects in India
  • A confidential client on its investment into an offshore wind platform in Asia Pacific
  • Total on the separation and distribution by its majority-owned subsidiary Sunpower of its non-US (including Asia-based) business into a separate publicly listed entity, and divestment of a significant stake to Tianjin Zhonghuan Semiconductor Co Ltd.
  • A confidential client on shareholder and terminal use arrangements in relation to its LNG import and regasification terminal in the Philippines
  • ENN LNG Singapore Pte. Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of ENN Natural Gas Co. Ltd., on the negotiation of its long-term LNG sale and purchase agreements, including a 20-year sale and purchase agreement with NextDecade Corporation for the supply of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from NextDecade’s Rio Grande LNG export project in Brownsville, Texas
  • Fullerton Healthcare Corporation Limited on its divestment of a 45% stake and subsequent divestment of the remaining 55% stake in Fullerton Health Australia, and integrated healthcare platform focusing on primary case, to Quadrant Private Equity
  • KKR on its subscription for Series A preference shares in Proventus Education Pte. Ltd., the holding company for the Taylor's Education group which owns and operates six international schools in Malaysia and Singapore
  • MyRepublic on its sale of a majority 50.1% stake in its Singapore broadband business to StarHub Online Pte Ltd
  • Vingroup Joint Stock Company on the joint venture between Vincommerce, a consumer retail unit of Vingroup which operates supermarkets, convenience stores and farms, and Masan Consumer to create VCM Services and Trading Development Joint Stock Company, a Vietnam-based vertically integrated retail business
  • BG Group (now part of Royal Dutch Shell plc) on divestments and operational arrangements across the upstream, midstream, and downstream segments of the QCLNG Project in Queensland, Australia, including joint venture arrangements with CNOOC and Tokyo Gas, gas sale and purchase agreements, co-ordination and allocation arrangements, pipeline and liquefaction plant ownership, infrastructure use agreements, tolling and operating agreements, and downstream LNG SPAs*
  • BG Group (now part of Royal Dutch Shell plc) on the sale of US$1.8 billion interest in the QCLNG Project to CNOOC and the negotiation of a five million tons per annum portfolio LNG sale and purchase agreement*
  • BG Group (now part of Royal Dutch Shell plc) on the sale of the US$5 billion export pipeline to APA Group*
  • BG Group (now part of Royal Dutch Shell plc) on its successful bid for a license to import LNG into Singapore, including the negotiation of terminal use arrangements with SLNG Corporation and gas sales agreements with domestic gas buyers*
  • Alumina Limited on the renegotiation of its alumina and bauxite joint venture and marketing arrangements with Alcoa Inc. (as part of the Alcoa World Alumina and Chemicals business)*

*Matter handled prior to joining Latham

Bar Qualification

  • Hong Kong (Solicitor)

Education

  • LL.M., University of Melbourne, 2015
  • Bachelor of Commerce, University of Melbourne, 2008
    Dean's Honours List
  • LL.B. (First Class Honors), University of Melbourne, 2008