Austin Pierce is an associate in the Houston office of Latham & Watkins. He helps clients across industries to navigate ESG matters – including climate change, biodiversity and natural capital, human rights, Indigenous rights, and corporate culture – both individually and where such matters intersect with each other or other topics.
His experience is global, having advised clients on matters involving every inhabited continent and many sub-regions thereof.
Mr. Pierce regularly works with public and private companies, funds, and their boards on issues regarding:
- Voluntary and required reporting and disclosure
- ESG policy development and implementation
- Stakeholder engagement and consultation
- Board and management education
- Sustainable finance and fund formation, including cross-jurisdictional offerings
- Development and execution of strategic initiatives
Mr. Pierce serves on the international human rights committees for several bar associations. He regularly speaks and authors articles on ESG-related topics for a variety of industry publications.