Anupama Yerramalli represents debtors, official and ad hoc committees, bondholders, lenders, and other creditors and investors in some of the market’s most complex and multifaceted bankruptcies and restructurings, both in and out of court.
A solution-driven and creative problem solver, Ms. Yerramalli advises constituents across the capital structure, on matters throughout every stage of a restructuring. Her practice encompasses a range of bankruptcy cases, out-of-court restructurings, and other distressed situations, with a particular focus on company-side representations.
She regularly counsels leading domestic and multinational corporations across major industries, including healthcare, shipping, telecommunications, energy, manufacturing, and retail. She draws on her broad corporate governance and liability management experience to help companies navigate a variety of sensitive issues that arise in connection with high-stakes insolvency matters.
Ms. Yerramalli complements her company-side practice with her experience representing creditors, including banks, special situation lenders, and asset acquirers. An effective consensus builder, she helps bridge the diverse interests of various parties while enabling clients to achieve their business objectives.
Ms. Yerramalli frequently writes and speaks on restructuring topics. Her work includes serving as the coordinating editor for the ABI Journal’s diversity and inclusion column and previously co-authoring the ABI Journal’s Benchnotes column.
Ms. Yerramalli currently serves as a Women Enriching Business (WEB) Committee New York Co-Chair, a member of the Junior Advisory Board of Her Justice, a member of the Associate Board of Reading Partners New York, and a member of the board of the Young Professionals Mentoring Program, where she had served as a mentor for a decade.
Following her graduation from law school, Ms. Yerramalli clerked for United States Bankruptcy Judge Donald H. Streckroth of the District of New Jersey.
- Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers New York Metro Top Women 2012-2020
- Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers New York Super Lawyers 2013-2021
- Law360 Rising Star 2018
- ABI 40 Under 40 Honoree 2017
- M&A Advisor’s Emerging Leaders Award 2017
- Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers New York Rising Stars 2011-2012
- Facilitator and Advisory Board Member, American Bankruptcy Institute Views from the Bench, “Confirmation: The Rest of the Story” (September 23, 2021)
- Speaker, District of Guam’s Virtual Bankruptcy Seminar Series (September 24, 2020)
- Speaker, American Bankruptcy Institute’s Winter Leadership Conference: Current Issues Facing Unsecured Creditors’ Committees (December 07, 2018)
- Advisory Board Member and Speaker, American Bankruptcy Institute’s Mid-Level Professional Development Program: The Ins and Outs of Plan Solicitation (November 6, 2018)
- Speaker, 2018 NCBJ Conference: Mission Critical – Know How to Close Before Starting the Surgery (October 30, 2018)
- Speaker, IWIRC’s 25th Annual Fall International Conference: Being on a Board Without Getting Nailed - The Ins and Outs of Board Membership (October 28, 2018)
- Moderator, American Bankruptcy Institute Capital Connection 36th Annual Spring Meeting: Rights Offering Introduction and Overview (April 20, 2018)