Andrew Elken is a corporate partner in New York focused primarily on complex mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Elken also regularly advises officers and boards of directors on activist defense matters, corporate governance, securities law, and other significant corporate matters.
Mr. Elken leverages experience advising on over US$300 billion of M&A transactions across a broad range of industries, including technology, media, telecommunications, energy, infrastructure, transportation, consumer products, industrials, healthcare, life sciences, and financial services.
Recognized as one of the 500 Leading Dealmakers in America by Lawdragon, a Top Dealmaker by The Hollywood Reporter and a Rising Star by the New York Law Journal, Mr. Elken has represented public companies and boards of directors in many of their most complicated and high-stakes corporate transactions.
Mr. Elken regularly advises clients on:
- Buy-side and sell-side public company M&A, both negotiated and hostile
- Divestitures and spin-offs
- Joint ventures
- Cross-border transactions
- Special committee matters
- Activist defense, including settlement agreements and proxy contests
- Corporate governance, securities law, and other general corporate matters
He also regularly represents top investment banks in their capacity as financial advisors in M&A transactions.
Before joining Latham, Mr. Elken was a partner at another leading global law firm.