Alexander Traum advises insurance and reinsurance companies, insurtechs, insurance-related service providers, and other financial services entities on insurance regulatory and transactional matters.
Mr. Traum helps clients navigate:
- Mergers and acquisitions of entities regulated under state insurance laws
- Insurance company, reinsurer, and captive formation and licensure
- Insurance producer, adjuster, third-party administrator (TPA) and managing general agency (MGA) licensing and exemptions, and the rules and regulations governing such entities, including with respect to compensation, advertising, and rebating issues
- Regulatory issues relating to emerging technologies, such as big data, AI, and the sharing economy
- Insurance investment law compliance
- State insurance laws and enforcement actions by state insurance departments, as well as financial and market conduct examinations
- Surplus lines insurance placements and non-admitted insurance issues
A recognized thought leader, he writes extensively on insurance regulatory issues focusing on new technologies and the sharing economy.
Before joining Latham, Mr. Traum was special counsel at another global law firm.