Six members of Latham’s Latin American Practice – partners Carlos Ardila, Gianluca Bacchiocchi, Roderick Branch, Antonio Del Pino, Guido Liniado, and Fernando Mantilla-Serrano – were named by Latinvex to its Latin America’s Top 100 Lawyers 2023 list.
- Carlos Ardila advises corporate sponsors, private equity firms, lenders, developers, multinational corporations, and governmental entities on complex cross-border corporate and financing transactions in the US and Latin America, with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Gianluca Bacchiocchi represents sponsors, issuers, and underwriters in cross-border capital markets transactions, with a particular focus on matters involving Latin America. He regularly counsels on energy and infrastructure related matters as well as market-leading structured financings, including international securitizations.
- Roderick Branch focuses on capital markets transactions and securities regulation, with a particular interest in securities offerings by non-US issuers. He has extensive experience in securities financings in public and private markets, and has represented public- and private-sector companies, investment banks, and sovereign governments in global capital markets transactions.
- Antonio Del Pino, Global Chair of Latham & Watkins’ Latin America Practice, advises companies, private equity firms, and financial institutions on cross-border acquisitions, divestitures, financings, and restructurings involving Latin America and the United States.
- Guido Liniado advises banks, institutional investors, development finance institutions, sponsors, and corporates in a variety of innovative cross-border finance and capital markets transactions involving Latin America and the Caribbean. He regularly handles project bonds, project finance, multi-source finance, acquisition finance, and securitization and other structured finance transactions with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Fernando Mantilla-Serrano, Global Co-Chair of the International Arbitration Practice, brings deep knowledge and experience in international arbitration representing companies, states, and state-owned entities in highly complex commercial and investor-state disputes. His practice covers numerous sectors, with particular focus on the oil & gas, power, natural resources, construction, manufacturing, and automotive industries.
The 11th annual ranking includes 100 attorneys from 62 law firms across 14 categories. Lawyers recognized were chosen by the publication’s editorial and research staff based on recent track record on major deals and business, prominence of firm in Latin America and rankings by third parties such as Chambers and Partners, Legal 500 and Refinitiv.
Latinvex also recognized Latham in their 10th annual Top International Law Firms List. Latham was among the top five international law firms in Latin America. The firm was also ranked in six additional subcategories, including being named #1 for energy and corporate/M&A work in the region.