Partners Gianluca Bacchiocchi, Sony Ben-Moshe, Roderick Branch, Tony Del Pino, Guido Liniado, and Fernando Mantilla-Serrano — all members of Latham’s Latin America Practice — were named by Latinvex to its Latin America’s Top 100 Lawyers 2022 list.
Latinvex’s 10th annual ranking spans 14 categories and includes only 100 attorneys from 55 law firms. Criteria for selection by the outlet’s editorial and research staff involved a combination of factors, including recent track record on major deals and business, prominence of the firm in Latin America, and rankings by third parties such as Chambers and Partners, Legal 500, and Refinitiv.
- Bacchiocchi represents sponsors, borrowers, issuers, investors, and banks in cross-border banking and capital markets transactions, including hybrid financings, with a particular focus on matters involving Latin America. He regularly counsels on energy and infrastructure related matters as well as market-leading structured financings, including international securitizations.
- Ben-Moshe is a member of the Finance Department. He has significant experience representing clients in financings, acquisitions, and formation of joint ventures in the United States and abroad, including Latin America.
- Branch focuses on capital markets transactions and securities regulation, with a particular interest in securities offerings by non-US issuers. He has extensive experience in securities financings in public and private markets, and has represented public- and private-sector companies, investment banks, and sovereign governments in global capital markets transactions.
- Del Pino is Global Chair of the Latin America Practice. He focuses on cross-border acquisitions, financings, private equity transactions, and restructurings. He has worked on numerous complex multi-national acquisitions and joint ventures in Latin America and the US, and regularly represents banks and borrowers in a variety of finance and restructuring transactions.
- Liniado advises banks, institutional investors, development finance institutions, sponsors, and borrowers/issuers in a variety of innovative cross-border finance and capital markets transactions involving Latin America and the Caribbean. He regularly handles project finance, project bonds, securitization, repacks, ABL, multi-source finance, acquisition finance, and leveraged finance transactions with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors.
- Mantilla-Serrano is Global Co-Chair of the International Arbitration Practice. He is acclaimed for the depth of his knowledge and experience in international arbitration representing companies, states, and state-owned entities in highly-complex commercial and investor-state disputes.
In 2022, Latinvex also named Latham as one of Latin America’s Top International Law Firms and as the #1 international legal advisor in energy as well as #1 on announced Q1 M&A deals by total value in its Top Latin America M&A Advisors ranking.