Jeff Bjork, a partner in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins and Global Vice Chair of the firm’s Restructuring & Special Situations Practice, has been named to Turnarounds & Workouts’ list of Outstanding Restructuring Lawyers for 2020. The annual list recognizes 15 lawyers in the United States who led major matters in the last year.
Turnarounds & Workouts highlighted Bjork’s significant matters across industries, including his representation of:
- Mallinckrodt, a global specialty pharmaceutical company, in connection with its comprehensive chapter 11 restructuring
- Paddock, the successor by merger to Owens-Illinois Inc., the world’s largest glass container manufacturer, in connection with its pending chapter 11 case
- Sable Permian Resources, LLC, an independent oil and gas exploration and production company with reserves in the Permian Basin of West Texas, and its eight affiliates in their chapter 11 bankruptcy cases
- Imerys Talc America Inc. and certain affiliates in connection with their pending chapter 11 cases
- Neiman Marcus Group Inc., a non-debtor parent, in the chapter 11 bankruptcy of its flagship, Dallas-based luxury retailer
In addition, Bjork is lead counsel for companies in various out-of-court balance sheet restructurings. He maintains a robust creditor-side practice in addition to his debtor-side practice. He is the lead counsel representing The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in connection with the chapter 11 case of the Boy Scouts of America, and he has advised various investment funds and sponsors regarding distressed transactions. He is also advising clients in connection with distressed municipal situations, including in Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, among others.
A Fellow in the American College of Bankruptcy, Bjork is widely regarded as a leading restructuring practitioner and consistently recognized in many publications, including Chambers USA, The Legal 500, IFLR 1000, The Best Lawyers in America, The International Who’s Who for Restructuring & Insolvency Lawyers, and the Lawdragon 500.