Latham & Watkins Data & Technology Transactions partner Christian McDermott introduces the basics of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) in this short infographic video. In particular, he addresses the following questions:
- What are NFTs?
- How are they created and managed?
- How does blockchain technology fit in?
- What are the benefits of NFTs?
- What legal issues do NFTs present?
In Latham’s recent NFT webcast, Understanding NFTs & Their Legal Implications, Latham lawyers discuss how NFTs function, as well as implications related to IP, regulation, and securities laws across the US, the UK, and Asia-Pacific.
For a deeper dive, see Latham’s blog posts on NFTs, including:
- NFTs: A Beginner’s Guide to Understanding the Hottest Crypto Craze
- Creative Crypto: IP Implications of Selling Creative Works Tied to Non-Fungible Tokens
- NFTs: But Is It Art (or a Security)?
Click on the links to learn more about NFTs and how Latham’s globally interconnected practices can help meet the opportunities and challenges that NFTs present.