Creative Problem Solving
Today’s increasingly complex insolvency and restructuring transactions require the global coordination of substantive expertise from diverse practice areas. Latham has the breadth of practice that is required to represent any major participant in a restructuring transaction or insolvency proceeding. In order to deliver a successful restructuring, the firm draws on its extensive legal expertise on global financial transactions – securities law, corporate, litigation, real estate, employment and pensions, environmental, regulatory and tax law.
Latham’s fully coordinated Restructuring, Insolvency & Workouts Practice has the geographic presence and resources to provide top-quality legal service anywhere in the world, especially on matters with significant cross-border challenges. In addition, the firm’s extensive involvement across the globe with every form of current finance structure gives its lawyers the necessary experience to design and implement the most complex financial restructurings.
The global restructuring and insolvency team represents corporations, banks, creditors’ committees, hedge funds, sponsors, insurance companies and other financial institutions on workouts, restructurings and bankruptcy cases from middle market businesses to the largest multinational enterprises.
Latham offers clients a full range of services in the global restructuring and insolvency arena, including:
- Cross-border, out-of-court restructurings
- Multinational insolvencies and workouts
- Strategies for distressed investors to obtain control of troubled companies
- Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 proceedings
- Rescue, debtor-in-possession and exit financings
- Pre-packaged and pre-arranged plans of reorganization
- Exchange and tender offers and consent solicitations
- Distressed M&A including acquiring assets out of formal insolvency proceedings
- Chapter 11 litigation, including defending against lender liability actions, fraudulent conveyance claims and challenges to acquisitions, as well as bringing actions to recover assets