Latham’s Life Sciences Licensing Practice has experience in the full spectrum of life sciences industry sectors, including biologics, biosimilars, diagnostics and medical devices, pharmaceuticals and therapeutics. We have advised clients in complex deals that have been nominated for or won industry-leading awards such as LMG’s Life Sciences Deal of the Year (2018), In Vivo’s “Alliance of the Year” (2016), and Thomson Reuters Allicense Breakthrough Award for Biopharmaceutical Licensing Deal of the Year (2015).
Latham has deep experience advising clients on life sciences-related transactions, such as:
- Complex global strategic alliances, joint ventures, spinouts and other special purpose business structures
- Intellectual property licensing, monetization and exploitation
- Co-development and co-promotion agreements
- Academic and research agreements
- Manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements
- Intellectual property advice in support of mergers, acquisitions or divestitures of genomics, pharmaceutical and medical device assets
- Day-to-day counseling on commercial transactions
The lawyers’ in-depth knowledge of the life sciences markets and the science that underpins them enables the firm to work with its clients to identify, conceptualize, and develop creative solutions to the business and legal issues that arise in the course of a complex life sciences transaction.