Latham & Watkins’ Life Science Licensing Practice emphasizes practical solutions to complex life sciences transactions and partnerships. Many of the firm’s lawyers have advanced scientific and business degrees, are qualified to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), and have held legal and scientific positions within high-profile life science companies.
Latham has deep experience advising clients on life sciences-related transactions, such as:
- Complex global strategic alliances, joint ventures, spinouts and other special purpose business structures
- Intellectual property licensing, monetization and exploitation
- Co-development and co-promotion agreements
- Academic and research agreements
- Manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements
- Intellectual property advice in support of mergers, acquisitions or divestitures of genomics, pharmaceutical and medical device assets
- Day-to-day counseling on commercial transactions
The lawyers’ in-depth knowledge of the life sciences markets and the science that underpins them enables the firm to work with its clients to identify, conceptualize and develop creative solutions to the business and legal issues that arise in the course of a complex life sciences transaction.