Thomas Tharakan is an associate in the Corporate Department of the London office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Tharakan’s practice focuses on private equity, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, restructurings and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Tharakan led the commercial development team at the Open Data Institute and before that he was a managing associate in the private equity group at Linklaters.
Mr. Tharakan's experience includes advising:
- Apollo EPF Fund on the acquisition of the Altamira Asset Management*
- TDR Capital on the acquisitions of the David Lloyd Leisure Group and IMO Car Wash Group*
- KKR on the equity syndication of a US$1.3 billion acquisition of Acteon Group*
- Harbert Real Estate Fund, Australian Future Fund, New York Common Retirement Fund and Oxford Investment Partners Ltd on the £287 million co-investment acquisitions of IQ Farnborough and four industrial estates in Greater Manchester*
- Bridgepoint on the £185 million acquisition of Oasis Dental from Duke Street Capital Partners*
- Bridgepoint on the £180 million acquisition of Quilter & Co. Limited from Morgan Stanley Smith Barney*
- The Carlyle Group on the £600 million acquisitions of Integrated Dental Holdings and Associated Dental Practices, together with the partnership arrangements with Palamon Capital Partners*
- A consortium of The Carlyle Group, Blackstone and Stanley Black & Decker on the unsuccessful bid for Securitas Direct*
- Sun Capital on its pre-packaged administration acquisition and related financial restructuring of the operating business of the Polestar Group*
*matter handled whilst at a previous firm