Rosa Espín is an associate in the Environmental, Land & Resources Department of Latham & Watkins. Ms. Espín primarily provides regulatory advice to companies on environmental issues and on heavily regulated sectors such as energy, power, oil and gas, and cleantech.
Mrs. Espín helps companies and financial institutions navigate a full spectrum of environmental and industry-specific regulatory issues related to complex M&A transactions and projects, especially in the field of energy and natural resources.
She has in-depth experience advocating before Spanish agencies and regulators, including the National Markets and Competition Commission, the Nuclear and Safety Regulator, the Spanish Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Bank of Spain.
Mrs. Espín's recent experience includes:
- Providing ongoing regulatory and environmental advice to Iberdrola, leading Spanish energy company
- Representing Gas Natural Fenosa, a leading gas and electricity company, in a high-profile contentious administrative proceeding relating to the assignment of CO2 rights in Spain
- Advising a leading Spanish nuclear company regarding the negotiation of all administrative licenses and operating permits
- Advising on the regulatory and environmental aspects of the acquisition of Findus Sverige AB and its subsidiaries by Nomad Foods
- Advising GSM in an all-stock combination transaction with Grupo FerroAtlántica, a Spanish world leading producer of silicon metal, including an intensive due diligence process from an environmental perspective
- In the context of Santander’s refinancing to ENCE Energía y Celulosa, conducted the regulatory audit of the company, including the analysis of existing licenses of occupation of the land and maritime public domain
- Representing a major Spanish energy company in ICC arbitration proceedings regarding the termination of a contract for the long-term supply of LNG
- Defending a global manufacturer in a complex environmental litigation dispute regarding a proceeding for the declaration of contaminated soils
- Providing ongoing regulatory and Public Law advice to Sener, a Spanish engineering company, in the context of numerous projects and acquisition