Mark Sun is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Technology Transactions Practice.
Mr. Sun has broad experience advising on outsourcing and separation projects, technology, media and telecoms M&A transactions, and commercial contracts. In particular, his experience includes advising on major IT outsourcing arrangements, multi-jurisdictional joint ventures and corporate commercial agreements for clients in the financial institutions, telecoms, technology and consumer goods sectors.
Prior to joining Latham & Watkins in 2016, Mark trained and qualified with a Magic Circle law firm in London.
Mr Sun's experience includes advising:
- An international financial institution on its major IT outsourcing arrangements*
- A global haute couture brand in its proposed relationship with a major online shopping portal*
- A European manufacturer on its sponsorship arrangement with a WTA professional tennis player*
- On an international online classifieds joint venture spanning several key emerging markets*
- A British satellite telecommunications company on its partnership with a German telecommunications company to develop and launch a European in-flight wifi service*
- A major Silicon Valley company in its US$90 million acquisition of a UK software start-up*
- A Chinese telecommunication company on its minority equity investment in a Thai telecoms firm*
- A soft drinks company on their commercial, marketing and e-commerce agreements*
- A major bank on its acquisition of an emerging-market mobile banking provider*
- A major bank on its disposal of a recorded music and music publishing business*
*matter handled whilst at a previous firm