Ludwig Zesch, a counsel in Latham & Watkins’ Munich office and member of the Finance Department, advises national and international clients on matters of banking and finance law.
Mr. Zesch represents banks, debt funds, private equity funds, and corporate borrowers in a range of domestic and cross-border finance transactions including:
- Acquisition finance
- Direct lending (including unitranche/super senior structures)
- Leveraged buy-outs
- Structured finance
- Corporate finance
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Zesch gained considerable experience in the finance department of another major international law firm in Frankfurt and Munich.
He is co-author of a comprehensive commentary on credit agreements for leveraged buy-outs under German law (Acquisition Finance Agreements in Germany, 1st edition, 2017, C.H. Beck Verlag, Munich).
Mr. Zesch’s experience includes advising:
Private Equity Driven Transactions
- CDH Investments (CDH) on the financing of the acquisition of a significant interest in WOW Tech Group
- Lindsay Goldberg on the takeover of Bilcare Research Group
- Blackrock on the financing of the acquisition of the Catalysts Group and Crisp Research by DBAG
- One Equity Partners on the financing of the acquisition of Walterscheid Group
- Pemberton on the financing of Deutsche Private Equity’s acquisition of the BE-terna Group
- Partners Group on the financing of One Equity Partners’ acquisition of Alltub Group
- Equistone on the financing of its acquisition of Bien-Zenker and Hanse-Haus from ADCURAM
- Allgeier SE on its syndicated financing for Allgeier
- Apera Asset Management on the financing of Insight Secure’s acquisition of Verimatrix
- Bank consortium in connection with a €750 million syndicated loan for GROB-Werke GmbH & Co. KG