Karima Salway is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins, and is a member of the Corporate Department.
Ms. Salway's practice focuses on UK and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Salway was an associate in the corporate department of a leading global law firm, during which time she spent six months on secondment to the corporate and M&A legal team at Lloyds Banking Group where she advised on a range of corporate and commercial matters.
Ms. Salway's experience includes advising:
- Theramex, a global specialty pharmaceutical company dedicated to women’s healthcare, in connection with the US$703 million acquisition by CVC Capital Partners of women’s healthcare assets from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Chinese-listed client Hytera Communications Corporation Limited in connection with its acquisition of London Stock Exchange listed digital radio products manufacturer Sepura Group PLC by way of Takeover Code scheme of arrangement
- Sienna Biopharmaceuticals in connection with its acquisition of Creabilis plc, a privately held specialty pharmaceutical company
- Carbylan Therapeutics, Inc., a developer of clinical-stage specialty pharmaceutical treatments, in connection with the reverse merger of Carbylan Therapeutics with KalVista Pharmaceuticals
- The Michelin Group on the acquisition of BookaTable, the online restaurant booking provider*
- The founders of Lansdowne Chemicals plc in the sale of the chemical manufacturing and distribution company to Overlack AG*
- Coesia SpA in connection with the acquisition by G.D, a wholly owned subsidiary of Coesia, of the Instrumentation & Tobacco Machinery business of Molins, a manufacturer of secondary tobacco processing machinery
- Momondo Group in connection with the acquisition by the Priceline Group
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham