Karima Salway is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins, and is a member of the Corporate Department.
Ms. Salway's practice focuses on cross-border mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters. She has worked on a wide range of sell-side and buy-side transactions across a variety of industries.
Ms. Salway has spent time on secondment at Morgan Stanley, where she sat and worked with the UK investment banking division on a range of corporate transactions and corporate advisory matters.
Ms. Salway's experience includes advising:
- Duke Street, Wagamama management, and certain other shareholders in connection with the acquisition by The Restaurant Group plc of the Wagamama group
- The founders of Dubizzle on the sale of their shareholdings in Dubizzle, the largest online classifieds platform in the Middle East
- The sellers on the disposal by way of auction of the Method and Ecover global consumer products businesses to US private company SC Johnson
- Theramex, a global specialty pharmaceutical company dedicated to women’s healthcare, in connection with the US$703 million acquisition by CVC Capital Partners of women’s healthcare assets from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Coesia SpA in connection with the acquisition of the Instrumentation & Tobacco Machinery business of Molins, a manufacturer of secondary tobacco processing machinery
- The Momondo Group in connection with the acquisition by the Priceline Group
- Sienna Biopharmaceuticals in connection with its acquisition of Creabilis plc, a privately held specialty pharmaceutical company
- Chinese-listed client Hytera Communications Corporation Limited in connection with its acquisition of London Stock Exchange listed digital radio products manufacturer Sepura Group PLC by way of a Takeover Code scheme of arrangement
- Carbylan Therapeutics, Inc., a developer of clinical-stage specialty pharmaceutical treatments, in connection with the reverse merger of Carbylan Therapeutics with KalVista Pharmaceuticals
- The Michelin Group on the acquisition of BookaTable, the online restaurant booking provider*
- The founders of Lansdowne Chemicals plc on the sale of a chemical manufacturing and distribution company to Overlack AG*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham