Javier Colino is an associate in the Corporate Department of the Madrid office of Latham & Watkins. He specializes in M&A real estate transactions and real estate finance.
Mr. Colino has been involved in numerous landmark private equity, real estate finance, and development transactions, advising on: mergers and acquisitions of real estate based businesses, real estate financings, acquisition of trophy assets, joint ventures, portfolios of REOs and NPLs, workouts of troubled loans, listings of SOCIMIs (Spanish REITs), and project developments.
In addition to his transactional work, Mr. Colino has extensive experience in the negotiation of leases, construction and EPC contracts, hotel management agreements, and other stand-alone real estate matters.
His clients consist of private equity firms, hedge funds, developers, SOCIMIs, pension funds, and other institutional investors.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Colino practiced for over a decade at a top tier Spanish firm and also spent time based in their London office.
Mr. Colino’s recent experience includes advising:
- Cale Street on the development financing a shopping center by Compagnie de Phalsbourg*
- CBRE Global Investment Partners and IBA Capital on the sale of a super prime retail building to Generali*
- Finaccess Capital on the acquisition of two super-prime office buildings and their subsequent contribution to Inmobiliaria Colonial SOCIMI*
- GE Real Estate on the sale of a portfolio of office buildings to Meridia Capital and other divestments in Spain*
- Goldman Sachs & TPG on the joint acquisition from Caixa of two NPL portfolios*
- Goldman Sachs in the acquisition of an NPL portfolio from SAREB*
- Goldman Sachs in the acquisition of a portfolio of REOs and trophy assets from Bankia*
- Goldman Sachs in the sale of circa 1000 residential properties to Axa*
- ISC Fresh Water SOCIMI, VBARE Iberian Properties in their listing process in the MAB (Alternative Stock Exhange)*
- London + Regional on the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of hotels from Starwood*
- London + Regional on the acquisition and subsequent sale of the corporate headquarters of Vodafone*
- London + Regional on the acquisition of the Hotel Vincci (Marbella) and Nobu (Ibiza)*
- Lone Star on the acquisition of Kutxabank’s real estate business in order to set up the listed real estate developer Neinor Homes*
- Lone Star on the acquisition of the portfolio of Spanish and Portuguese loan receivables from the Madrid branch of Hypothekenbank Frankfurt*
- Merlin Properties SOCIMI on the acquisition from Caboel of portfolio of Eroski supermarkets*
- Merlin Properties SOCIMI on the acquisition from Dos Puntos of a business park in Madrid*
- Oaktree and Freo on the joint acquisition and financing of a portfolio of 15 office buildings from BBVA*
- Rockspring on the acquisition and development of residential luxury apartments*
- TIA Henderson and a consortium of investors on the joint acquisition from HIG of a shopping center in Ceuta*
- TIA Henderson on the acquisition from Ivanhoe Cambridge of a shopping center in Madrid*
- Tristan Capital and Savills IM on the acquisition of a portfolio of six office buildings from Inmobiliaria Colonial*
- Värde on the acquisition of a portfolio of shopping centers and outlets from APN*
- Zambal Spain SOCIMI, in the sale and leaseback of the corporate headquarters of Gas Natural*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham