Greg Robins is the Deputy Office Managing Partner of the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins, is a member of the firm’s Banking Practice and the former Chair of the Los Angeles Finance Department. Mr. Robins practices primarily in the leveraged finance area representing investment banks, commercial banks and other sources of debt capital in financing leveraged acquisitions, recapitalizations, projects and other transactions.
Representative transactions in which Mr. Robins has been involved include:
- Goldman Sachs Bank USA and Guggenheim Securities as joint lead arrangers in connection with US$1.8 billion in term credit facilities for Ascena Retail Group’s acquisition of Ann Taylor, Inc.
- Floatel International in connection with US$600 million in senior secured term loan facilities
- BNP Paribas as lead arranger and bookrunner for US$520 million in term and revolving credit facilities for Dexter Axle Company’s combination with AL-KO’s VT business
- Oaktree Capital Management LP in connection with its US$225 million debt and equity investment in Diamond Foods, Inc.
- The Gores Group in connection with US$190 million in 1st lien term and revolving credit facilities, and an US$85 million 2nd lien term loan facility, used for the acquisition of the Elo Touch Solutions business from TE Connectivity Ltd.