Grace Gao is an associate in the Shanghai office of Latham & Watkins and a member of Latham’s Entertainment, Sports & Media Practice with a focus on Greater China.
Ms. Gao advises Chinese and international clients in the media and entertainment industry, including Hollywood production companies and other international and domestic motion picture, TV drama, and game companies, as well as sports leagues on media and entertainment projects.
Ms. Gao has experience in the negotiation of development, production, and distribution deals relating to film, TV drama, and game industries, with a focus on Sino-foreign co-production, co-development and co-financing deals, intellectual property rights, exploitation of content via traditional and new media, and other aspects of media and entertainment matters.
Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Gao worked in the Beijing office of a leading US firm.
Ms. Gao's recent experience includes advising:
- Major US studios and production companies on joint production status application in China*
- Major US studios on development, production, and distribution of joint production*
- A major US studio on talent deals in connection with development and production of motion pictures*
- A major US studio on distribution, promotion, and marketing of imported films in China*
- A major US studio on the co-financing of Internet pictures*
- A major US studio on license, development, and distribution of mobile games in China*
- A leading media and entertainment companies on format license*
- A leading Internet companies on content license of TV dramas*
- A renowned US sports league on the operation of online mobile games in China*
*Matter handled prior to joining the firm