Eleanor Scogings is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins. Ms. Scogings works within the International Arbitration, Public International Law, and Complex Commercial Litigation Practices of the firm’s Litigation & Trial Department.
She advises clients in both commercial arbitrations and investment treaty arbitrations, as well as complex multijurisdictional litigation. Ms. Scogings has advised clients with respect to construction, energy, shipping, banking, and bilateral investment treaty disputes including under the LCIA, UNCITRAL, ICSID, and HKIAC Rules.
She is a member of several industry related groups including the LCIA Young International Arbitration Group, the ICC Young Arbitrators Forum, the Young Public International Law Group, and the Young International Council for Commercial Arbitration.
Ms. Scogings previously trained in the firm's Litigation & Trial Department, and also undertook training in the Banking and Technology Transactions Practices.
Ms. Scogings has assisted with representing clients in complex arbitration and litigation, including:
- A Respondent State in an UNCITRAL arbitration arising from claims made under a bilateral investment treaty, concerning a bank rescue
- The Defendant, a State-owned oil company, against a claim for over US$1 billion in an HKIAC arbitration concerning alleged Events of Default under a loan agreement
- The Claimant in an LCIA energy arbitration regarding compensation arising from a service agreement
- The Claimant, a multinational oil and gas company, in an UNCITRAL arbitration relating to the construction of onshore-offshore pipelines in Nigeria
- The Defendant, an international bank, in a multijurisdictional banking litigation relating to complex trusts law and conflicts of law issues
- The Respondent in an LCIA shipping arbitration relating to the charter and refit of a semi-submersible offshore floating platform
- The Claimant in an ICSID Additional Facility arbitration under a bilateral investment treaty in relation to losses suffered in Libya
- The Claimant in commencing and terminating an UNCITRAL arbitration relating to political risk events under a project finance agreement
- The Co-Defendants in a complex cartel proceeding