David L. Concannon is a partner in the New York office of Latham & Watkins where he is a member of the firm’s Emerging Companies Practice.
Mr. Concannon is among a select few lawyers in New York whose practices focus exclusively on emerging companies matters, representing corporate clients as company counsel and venture capital firms as investor counsel. He advises emerging companies through their entire life cycle, from formation to growth stages and exits. Mr. Concannon’s work with clients includes formations, angel, seed, venture, and private equity financings, public offerings, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Concannon spends substantial time advising market participants regarding cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings. He also serves as a Co-Chair of the firm’s Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Task Force.
Mr. Concannon also spends significant time mentoring current and future participants in the startup community. Some of his pro bono clients have included Liberty & Justice, Only Six Degrees, and Be Social Change. He is also an affiliated attorney and guest lecturer with the University of Michigan School of Law Entrepreneurship Clinic.
Mr. Concannon’s clients include both emerging companies and venture capital firms. His investor-side clients have included Bessemer Venture Partners, IA Ventures, Aquiline Technology Growth Partners, ConsenSys Ventures, and Hermes Growth Partners.
On the company side, Mr. Concannon has advised corporate clients on various aspects throughout their life cycle, including Pipedrive, Raise Marketplace, Reonomy, Selina Hostels, Pilot Fiber, IrisVR, Lenddo, and Fabric Technologies.
Some recent transactions include representing:
- Pipedrive in its US$50 million Series C financing
- Reonomy in its US$30 million Series C financing
- Raise Marketplace in its US$40 million Series D financing
- Selina Hostels in its US$95 million equity and debt financing
- Aquiline Technology Growth Partners in BitPay’s US$30 million Series B financing among others
- Bessemer in August Home’s US$25 million Series C financing, Intercom’s US$125 million Series D financing, Team Solomid’s US$37 million Series A financing, and CS Disco’s US$16.5 million Series D, among others
- Hermes Growth Partners in VeloCloud’s US$35 million Series D financing
- Lenddo in its US$7 million Convertible Note financing
- Pilot Fiber in its US$17 million Series B financing
- “How FIRRMA Changes The Game For Tech Cos. And Investors” Law360 (October 10, 2018)
- “#Crypto Utopia” Latham & Watkins Client Alert (July 17, 2018)
- “A Path Forward for Consumer Tokens?” Latham & Watkins Client Alert (June 27, 2018)
- “SEC Takes Enforcement Action against Utility Token ICO” Latham & Watkins Client Alert (December 20, 2017)
- “SEC: Certain Initial Coin Offerings Are Securities Offerings” Latham & Watkins Client Alert (July 27, 2017)