Chris Horton is a partner in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Capital Markets Practice.
Mr. Horton has a broad range of experience advising on IPOs, secondary offerings, and M&A transactions by listed companies. He regularly advises investment banks, listed companies, and asset managers on the UK Listing Rules, Disclosure Rules and Transparency Rules, the Prospectus Regulation, and the AIM Rules.
Mr. Horton’s representative transactions include advising:
- BofA Merrill Lynch as sponsor on the £2.5 billion disposal by WPP of Kantar*
- J.P. Morgan Cazenove, BofA Merrill Lynch, and Goldman Sachs on the BT plc £12.5 billion acquisition of EE and related £1.0 billion placing*
- The underwriters on the equity component of refinancings by Provident Financial plc, Laird Plc, Chemring Group plc, Workspace Group PLC, SIG plc, St Modwen Properties PLC, Tribal Group plc, and Just Group plc*
- Investec and Numis on the £300 million acquisition of the Ascential events business and related rights issue by ITE Group plc*
- Rothschild as sponsor on the £1.8 billion merger between One Savings Bank PLC and Charter Court Financial Services plc*
- The underwriters on various IPOs and proposed IPOs including by Vannin Capital, ECI Telecom, Circassia, AO World plc, Senzyne Health plc, Creo Medical Group PLC, and On the Beach Group plc*
- Future Plc on its US$132 million acquisition of the B2C business of the Purch Group and a related rights issue*
- J.P. Morgan Cazenove and Stifel on a £300 million firm placing, placing and open offer, and offer for subscription by Assura PLC*
- J.P. Morgan Cazenove and Barclays on a £385 million placing and open offer by 3i Infrastructure Plc*
- J.P. Morgan Cazenove and Numis on several transactions and related equity financings by The Unite Group plc*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham