Chi Ho Kwan is an associate in the Hong Kong office of Latham & Watkins and a member of Litigation & Trial Department. He is a member of the firm’s local Training and Career Enhancement and Pro Bono Committees.
Mr. Kwan specializes in civil and commercial litigation and arbitration. He has represented companies and individuals in cases involving shareholders disputes, contractual disputes and debt recovery actions.
He regularly represents multinational and local corporations as well as professional intermediaries in regulatory investigations and disciplinary inquiries, and has hands-on experience in liaising with regulators.
Mr. Kwan is fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Mr. Kwan’s experience includes representing:
- A Japanese investment fund company in relation to an investment dispute in Fujian, China administered by Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- A US-based world leader in wind turbine design in an ICC arbitration under Singapore law against a substantial Indian renewable energy company with regard to a dispute arising from a license agreement
- A US-based company involved in distributing hardware and electromechanical products to the global aerospace industry in its court action against a HK defendant in relation to a wire fraud
- A HK subsidiary of a Jiangsu-based steel enterprise in China in its proceedings against its former director for breach of fiduciary duty and fraud against the company
- A PRC subsidiary of a major pharmaceutical company in relation to an internal investigation concerning the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- A Singapore-based semiconductor company in its pre-listing internal audit with a special focus on commercial risk issues