Alexander Wilhelm, an associate in the Litigation & Trial Department in the Frankfurt office of Latham & Watkins, advises clients on both, complex litigation and in the context of transactions.
He practices in the field of administrative and regulatory law, especially regarding:
- Commercial administrative law
- Public construction and planning law
- Environmental and energy law
- Chemical and pharmaceutical law
- Telecommunications and data protection law
He also advises on relevant European law implications, as well as advising on environmental and public law. In addition to his legal practice, he is a regular author of articles and judgement reviews on public law matters.
During his legal clerkship Mr. Wilhelm gained experience at another international law firm and a German automobile manufacturer.
Mr. Wilhelm’s experience includes advising:
- DuMont on data privacy aspects of the
- Sale of the Mitteldeutsche Zeitung media group
- Sale of Hamburger Morgenpost
- Ardian on the acquisition of the Anti-Germ group
- Astellas Pharma Inc. on the acquisition of Ganymed Pharmaceuticals AG
- Daimler AG and Toll Collect GmbH in ad hoc proceedings against the German Federal Government regarding the Toll Collect project
- Henkel on the acquisition of Darex Packaging Technologies from GCP Applied Technologies
- STORAG ETZEL GmbH in all environmental law related questions including approval procedures, environmental assessments, major accidents law (underground oil and gas storage, pipeline operations)
- Various companies on product- and substance-related environmental law, such as REACH, WEEE, and RoHS (approval and registration issues, compliance, etc.)