F. Adam Abulawi is an associate in the New York office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Practices.
Mr. Abulawi represents public and private companies, including strategic and financial investors, in connection with domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, carve-outs, reorganizations, and general corporate matters.
Mr. Abulawi regularly advises clients across a broad array of industries, including media, entertainment, technology, retail, consumer products, and real estate. In addition, he actively provides pro bono counsel to artists and non-profit organizations through Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, and previously served on the board of Brooklyn Ballet.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Abulawi served as in-house counsel to an American telecommunications and mass media company, and was a corporate associate in the New York office of another leading international law firm.
Mr. Abulawi’s representative matters include advising:
- ArcLight Capital Partners in its acquisition of a solar power platform in Puerto Rico from Sonnedix, the global solar independent power producer
- Syneos Health (NASDAQ), a fully integrated biopharmaceutical solutions organization, in its acquisition of RxDataScience, a leading healthcare-focused data analytics, data management, and artificial intelligence company
- The New Home Company (NYSE), a new generation homebuilder, in its US$173 million sale to funds managed by Apollo Global Management
- The Board Committee of Viacom (NASDAQ) in its US$30 billion merger with CBS*
- Hasbro (NASDAQ), a global play and entertainment company, in its US$3.8 billion acquisition of Entertainment One*
- J.D. Power, a provider of analytics and market research, in its US$1.8 billion sale to Thoma Bravo*
- Janssen Biotech, a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson (NYSE), in its US$750 million acquisition of all rights to the investigational compound bermekimab from XBiotech*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham