Ei Nge Htut is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Corporate Department. She advises clients on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, reorganizations, and general corporate matters.
Prior to qualification, Ms. Htut trained in the firm’s London office, gaining experience in corporate, leveraged finance, energy, and environmental transactions. She also spent six months on client secondment at private equity firm Carlyle, where she worked with the group’s Africa, Energy, and Special Situations & Corporate Opportunities Funds. She returned to Carlyle for a three month secondment during her first year of qualification, where she worked with the European Buyout fund.
Ms. Htut’s recent experience includes advising:
- Menlo Park, California-based Silver Lake, the global leader in technology investing, in its acquisition of TEG, Asia Pacific's leading live entertainment and ticketing company, from funds advised by Affinity Equity Partners Pte Ltd and its affiliates
- On the acquisition by Partners Group of Schleich, a Germany-based toy manufacturer
- An investment fund on in investment in a London-based developer of contract management software
- Bregal on the acquisition of Iptor Supply Chain Systems, a developer and provider of enterprise resource planning and supply chain management software to the distribution industry based in Sweden
- Funds managed by Fortress Investment Group LLC on the acquisition of Vannin Capital from its founders
- Chevron, on its sale of a 40% stake in Rosebank, an oilfield located in the UK North Sea 80 miles north-west of the Shetland Islands, to Equinor UK
- Transom Capital Group, on the sale of Martin Audio, the designer and manufacturer of premium high-performance loudspeaker systems
- Bluwrap, on the investment of series D preference shares by existing investors of Global Fresh Foods Limited
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited on its indirect acquisition of Shell’s 17% participating interest in the Mukhaizna oilfield in Oman
- The Carlyle Group in connection with the acquisition of the onshore interests of Shell in Gabon
- Theramex, a global specialty pharmaceutical company dedicated to women’s healthcare, in connection with the US$703 million acquisition by CVC Capital Partners of women’s healthcare assets from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Astorg Partners on its acquisition of Audiotonix, a global producer of audio mixing consoles
- Allergan on the US$40.5 billion sale of its Global Generics Pharmaceuticals business to Teva