Chris Lester is a corporate partner based in the Dubai office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Lester specializes in complex public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and restructurings. He routinely represents Middle East government related entities on outbound and regional investments.
Mr. Lester was based in London from 2002 to 2008 before relocating to the Middle East.
Mr. Lester's representative transactions include advising:
- Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank on the acquisition of Barclays’ UAE retail banking business
- Mubadala on the US$15 billion merger of EMAL and DUBAL to form Emirates Global Aluminium
- Mubadala on mining investments in the Republic of Guinea
- Oldendorff on the acquisition and disposal of shipping assets
- GCC government entities on joint ventures and alliances in the aerospace and defence sector
- Government of Dubai on the restructuring of Dubai World
- A major GCC financial institution on its proposed acquisition of a major GCC financial institution
- Tawazun on various joint ventures and acquisitions in the defence sectors
- Spectrum Equity Investors/Global World Check on its acquisition of IntegraScreen, a due diligence business operating in the UAE and Asia
- Xstrata on its US$1.7 billion acquisition of a one-third interest in the Cerrejon coal mining operation from Glencore International and on various other matters*
- Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy on its offer for Glenmorangie*
*Matter handled while at a previous firm