Christian McDermott is an associate in the Outsourcing and Technology Transactions Practices in the firm’s London office.
Mr. McDermott has a wide range of experience advising both publicly listed and private companies on technology, commercial law, intellectual property and data privacy matters, focusing on large-scale technology and outsourcing projects and other complex commercial contracts.
His work to date has spanned a variety of sectors, but his principal focus has been on the financial services, technology, telecommunications and travel sectors. Alongside a broad specialism in IT, outsourcing and commercial contracts, Mr. McDermott also has particular expertise in the field of FinTech and payments.
Mr. McDermott’s representative transactions include advising:
- A global retail and investment bank on the multi-billion Euro global outsourcing of its investment banking IT infrastructure
- A leading UK insurer on both: (i) the outsourcing of policy administration activities; and (ii) the outsourcing of certain IT and business processes
- A leading private equity firm on the acquisition of a stake in a major African payments business
- A global investment bank on technology and payments issues in connection with the IPO of a European payment services provider
- A major social network on both the regulation of payment services in the EU, and on its negotiations with merchant acquirers in relation to the setup of various innovative payments solutions
- A global UK-headquartered retail and investment bank on the top-down renegotiation of its relationship with its biggest IT supplier, comprising individual hardware, software and services streams
- A global UK-headquartered retail and investment bank on the global outsourcing of the bank’s facilities management functions