Special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs) have raised record amounts of capital, accumulating billions of dollars that are ready to invest in operating companies. Like everything else, there are many advantages but also unique considerations to weigh in deciding whether to go forward with a SPAC merger.
Hear from leading dealmakers and Workiva as they discuss the complexities, advantages, and disadvantages of SPAC mergers and technologies that should be considered as companies look at this structure for going public.
After this event, you will be able to:
- Define what a SPAC is and how it works
- Compare the typical SPAC merger timeline with a traditional IPO timeline
- List advantages and disadvantages to SPAC transactions
- Recall how technology helps companies in the SPAC process
- Name unique regulatory requirements for SPAC merger compliance
Erika L. Weinberg, Partner, Latham & Watkins
Mark Richardson, Vice President, Capital Markets Solution Leader, Workiva
Mike Bellin, Deals Partner, National Capital Raising Leader, PwC
Ryan Maierson, Partner, Latham & Watkins
Please register to attend or to receive a recording of the event.