Following the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and its ripple effect around the world, California has enacted groundbreaking privacy and security legislation with wide-reaching impacts.
California’s new Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), coming into effect in 2020, is creating its own watershed moment and a number of other US states are exploring similar laws. At the same time, there is widespread discussion of possible Federal privacy legislation.
If your company does business with Californians or anywhere in the US, this conference will help you understand your compliance obligations and how to align and update your data privacy compliance with your existing GDPR program.
Members of Latham & Watkins’ cross-border privacy team will discuss:
- CCPA requirements and what to do to comply
- Existing privacy laws in the US and what’s coming at state and Federal level
- The current risk landscape and regulatory enforcement concerns and priorities
- How to align CCPA requirements with existing compliance programs and leverage/create efficiencies from work already completed, particularly existing GDPR materials
- Best practices for compliance
14 November 2019
Latham & Watkins London office
London EC2M 3XF
Conference 9.30 – 13.00
Workshop 14.00 – 16.00, 14 November 2019 (Optional) – For those who can stay on and join us for the post-conference workshop, we will facilitate discussion among participants on the practical steps needed to develop a plan for US compliance and how you can leverage your GDPR plan effectively.