Please join Latham & Watkins and Essex Court Chambers for a virtual seminar discussing the impact of Brexit on English litigation. The speakers will provide commentary and practical guidance on the latest developments, changes in procedure and practice, and pitfalls.
- Looking ahead at the ever-changing applicable framework, in light of the UK’s possible (potentially imminent) successful accession to the Lugano Convention 2007
- Brexit and applicable law/choice of court clauses
- Anti-suit injunctions to protect legal right not to be sued in foreign jurisdiction
- The impact of Brexit on the conduct of litigation, including regarding service/taking of evidence
- The enforcement of English judgments
- Arbitration as an alternative to the English court system
Oliver Browne, Partner, Latham & Watkins, London
Sophie Lamb QC, Partner, Latham & Watkins, London
Hugh Mercer QC, Barrister, Essex Court Chambers
Angeline Welsh, Barrister, Essex Court Chambers
Please register to attend.