On February 19, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued key guidance around a carbon capture tax credit under Section 45Q of the Internal Revenue Code (the 45Q Credit). The long-awaited guidance provides a first step towards needed clarity in the carbon capture and storage (CCS) industry.
This webcast will provide insights on the following:
- The critical role of CCS is on our energy future
- A high-level outlook, post-guidance
- What further guidance can be expected from the IRS
- A look at how tax equity deals in the CCS sector will be structured
- Efficient strategies for monetizing the 45Q Credit
- Jim Cole, Partner, Latham & Watkins
- Tony Cottone, Senior Director, Oxy Low Carbon Ventures
- Eli Katz, Partner, Latham & Watkins
- Ian McIntyre, Senior Vice President, Macquarie Capital
- Justin Stolte, Partner, Latham & Watkins
Please register to attend.
For questions, please email Chris Hei.