October 27, 2021
Sports Business Journal has named seven Latham lawyers that include; Co-Chairs of the firm’s Entertainment, Sports & Media Industry Group, Joe Calabrese, Adam Sullins, and Justin Hamill, and partners Frank Saviano, Kendall Johnson, Chris Yates, and Jamie Wine, Power Players as a part of their annual list recognizing the leaders in the business of sport. The lawyers were recognized for the following reasons:
- Calabrese, for building the firm’s sports practice into “a juggernaut that attracts talent” from around the legal world;
- Sullins, for representing Intuit and Caesars Entertainment on their deals to name the Los Angeles Clippers’ new arena and the New Orleans Superdome, respectively;
- Hamill, for advising Endeavor on its US$700 million acquisition of the On Location Experiences, amongst other deals;
- Saviano for, along with Sullins, representing 888 Holdings in its partnership with Authentic Brands Group to develop Sports Illustrated’s sports betting and iGaming products;
- Johnson, for advising the NCAA and International Olympic Committee on handling the COVID-19 pandemic’s effect on the NCAA Tournament and the Summer Olympics, respectively;
- And Yates and Wine, for representing U.S. Soccer in several high profile lawsuits.
Latham’s Entertainment, Sports & Media Practice combines decades of experience representing major industry players, unique market insights about the industries’ legal and financial drivers, and a seamless global platform to deliver sophisticated commercial advice on cutting-edge and high-stakes transactions and disputes around the world.