Ghaith Mahmood advises clients on all aspects of intellectual property and technology transactions — from developing, licensing, and commercializing IP assets, to advising on the IP aspects of strategic transactions.
Mr. Mahmood handles a full spectrum of IP and technology matters, including:
- Licensing agreements involving technology, software, trademarks, and/or content
- Strategic alliances, partnerships, and joint ventures
- Video game development and publishing agreements
- Manufacture, supply, and resale agreements
- Open-source licensing
- Customer and end-user arrangements
- Consumer protection and advertising matters
Mr. Mahmood has particular experience advising on IP issues related to the use and distribution of user-generated content transmitted through online services.
He also regularly collaborates with corporate colleagues to provide counseling on IP and technology matters in the context of:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate financings
- Bankruptcy and restructurings
Drawing on experience with both traditional and innovative technologies, Mr. Mahmood regularly advises companies in the following technology sectors:
- Digital and social media
- Digital health
- Information technology
- Video games
- Virtual and augmented reality
Complementing his commercial work, Mr. Mahmood passionately advocates for pro bono clients in the technology industry, and also serves as lead counsel representing asylum seekers, abused children, and the homeless.