Cheng-Ling Chen is an associate in the San Francisco office. She has experience in secured and unsecured project financings, leverage buy-out transactions, and corporate transactions including initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
Ms. Chen's representative matters include advising:
- Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. on its initial public offering of 30,337,000 American Depositary Shares on the NYSE.
- Longtop Financial Technologies Limited on its initial public offering of 11,999,675 American Depositary Shares listed on the NYSE.
- Vimicro International Corporation on its initial public offering of 8,697,063 American Depositary Shares on the NASDAQ.
- Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. on their US$2.4 billion acquisition of Cogentrix Energy, Inc. The deal included the assumption of US$2.3 billion in debt.
- Scios on their US$2.4 billion acquisition by Johnson & Johnson.
- DZ Bank AG on the conversion of defaulted construction loans into term loans for the 585-MW dispatchable, natural gas-fired generating facility located in Pleasant Hill, Missouri.
- Credit Lyonnais on providing a portion of the construction and term financing for the development, operation, and maintenance of the Rocky Mountain Energy Center project.
- BRE Properties on a US$350 million credit facility by Bank of America.
- Bright Now Dental on a refinancing of senior secured US$100 million debt and a mezzanine unsecured US$43,650,000 financing.
Ms. Chen is qualified to practice before the California bar. She is fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese, and conversational Spanish.