Cheston Larson serves as Co-Chair of the firm’s Life Sciences Industry Group and leads the San Diego office’s Emerging Companies Practice. His practice covers a broad range of general corporate matters, including counseling public and privately held companies, as well as representing venture capital and investment banking firms, in private and public financing transactions.
Mr. Larson advises clients on the formation of new businesses and their capital raising transactions, spanning the spectrum from angel and venture financings to IPOs, follow-on offerings, PIPEs, and debt financings. He also represents clients in mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions, as well as US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosure and reporting requirements, Nasdaq and NYSE compliance, and executive compensation and equity incentive matters. Mr. Larson routinely counsels clients in the life sciences, software, telecommunications, and other technology industries.
In law school, Mr. Larson was an editor of the Harvard Law Review and worked for the SEC’s Enforcement Division as part of Harvard's Clinical Practice Program.
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, “Going Public,” PwC - Planning a Successful IPO: Going and Being Public
- Speaker at Biocom's CFO Breakfast: Capital Markets Update
- Moderator, “A CEO’s View of Managing/Interacting with Your Board of Directors and Audit Committee,” Association of Bioscience Financial Officers (ABFO) National Conference
- Moderator, “Recent Trends in Mergers & Acquisitions,” Association of Bioscience Financial Officers (ABFO) National Conference
- Panelist, “Being Public – The Advisors,” PwC – Planning a Successful IPO: Going and Being Public
- Moderator, “From Readiness to Roadshow: The Path to a Successful IPO,” Biocom's Global Life Sciences Partnering Conference
- Panelist, “From the Trenches: Are You Ready to IPO?” Janssen Labs