Vicki Marmorstein is a partner of Latham & Watkins, and a member of the Finance Department. Ms. Marmorstein previously served as Global Chair of Latham’s Finance Department.
Ms. Marmorstein represents clients in finance and corporate transactions, including:
- Fund advisors, asset managers, and funds and investment vehicles of all types, including credit funds, CLOs, CDOs, hedge funds, opportunistic funds, private equity funds, mezzanine funds, distressed debt funds, middle market funds, BDCs, and other funds, international and domestic, leveraged and unleveraged, and buyers and sellers in investment manager and fund acquisition transactions
- Borrowers, lenders, issuers, placement agents, structurers, restructuring advisors, investors, and other participants in the credit and structured products and securitization markets
- Financial institutions and other regulated entities including insurance companies
- Media and entertainment enterprises internationally
- Multinational corporations and other parties in all sorts of business transactions and corporate and finance matters
Ms. Marmorstein is an adjunct professor at the UCLA School of Law, where she teaches a course on Complex Finance Transactions. She also practiced commercial law for several years in Asia.
Ms. Marmorstein has received numerous awards and rankings for her finance experience. She was recognized as a Leading Lawyer for Capital Markets: Securitisation by Chambers USA 2020. Ms. Marmorstein has also consistently been selected for Lawyer Monthly’s Women in Law Award and their Capital Markets – USA Award. She has been recognized as a Women Leader in Law by The American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel, named a California Trailblazer by The Recorder (American Lawyer Media), and was selected by her peers to be included in Best Lawyers of America for her work in the practice area of Banking and Finance law. Leading publications including Euromoney’s Expert Guides in Banking Finance and Transactional Lawyers, Women in Business Law, Guide to the World’s Leading Banking Lawyers, Guide to the World’s Leading Structured Finance and Securitization Lawyers, and Who’s Who Legal: Capital Markets consistently recognize Ms. Marmorstein as a leading lawyer and “‘a world leader’ in dealing with investment vehicles of all types, including credit funds, CLOs and CDOs.”