Helping Businesses Grow and Operate
With more than 300 capital markets lawyers in offices around the globe, Latham advises on nearly every type of capital markets offering. Investment banks, issuers and private equity sponsors of all sizes across a range of industries — including oil and gas, healthcare, financial institutions, gaming, chemicals, media and telecommunications, retail and consumer products, and manufacturing — rely on Latham’s capital markets team to help them raise trillions in proceeds through a broad array of securities products, from the standard to the most innovative and complex.
Structuring and Executing on Leading Transactions
Latham’s debt and equity capital markets services cover all varieties of capital markets transactions, including:
- Initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary and follow-on stock offerings
- High yield debt and bridge financings
- Equity-linked securities and equity derivatives
- Eurobonds, Yankee bonds, investment grade bonds and programs
- Private equity and mezzanine financing
- Private placements, as well as public equity (PIPE) offerings
- Liability management transactions, such as tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations, amendments and waivers
- Islamic finance, including the Shari’ah approval process and original structures based on murabaha, mudaraba, ijara, wakala and musharaka products
- Securities and financial regulatory experience with SEC registrations, Rule 144A offerings, shelf registrations, regulations of global regulatory institutions, trading rules (such as Regulation M), blue sky work and rules of and reviews by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Stock exchange listings
The Book of Jargon™
Visit the iTunes App store to download The Book of Jargon™ – US Corporate and Bank Finance and The Book of Jargon™ – European Capital Markets and Bank Finance.