Companies should continually review their investor base for signs that activists may be accumulating stock. Latham & Watkins’ Activism Team helps companies navigate through activist tactics and campaigns. We have assembled the following guides and related content to help you strategically prepare for the possibility of activism throughout the year.
- The Activist Hot List identifies many funds that regularly engage in activist agendas. You can reference this list when monitoring inbound shareholder calls to the Investor Relations department, management and board members.
- Anticipating Activism: Implications for Your 2017 Annual Meeting is a sample annual meeting calendar that illustrates how companies should anticipate activists as who may begin accumulating stock and contacting companies to press demands for the 2017 meeting cycle.
- 2017 Proxy Season: Strategically Preparing for the Upcoming Season
- Evolving Director-Investor Communications: Preparing for Your Board’s Engagement with Shareholders
- Activists in Your Boardroom – Planning for and Managing the New Dynamic